Asia has always had an edge over the western world when it comes to skin care and beauty treatments. Some of the biggest beauty hypes like alphabet creams and skin lightening products originate from Japan and many popular oriental beauty treatments like facial massages eventually get picked up by Europe and the United States. People in Asia have known for decades and even centuries that facial massages can help prevent and treat wrinkles and that they are the perfect way to revive dull and tired skin. And the best part? You don’t have to go to the salon or see a professional to get one. Today we are taking a closer look at the skin benefits of getting regular facial massages and we are giving you a step-by-step explanation on how to give yourself one at home.
The skin benefits of getting a facial massage
Getting a facial massage is not only very relaxing and soothing, but it can also visibly improve the quality of your skin. Gently massaging the muscles in your face can help to relax them and can help smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. People often forget that almost 10 percent of wrinkles are caused by repeated facial expressions and stress, so relaxing the muscles in your face can really improve the overall appearance of your skin. And there is more, because massaging the skin of your face also increases circulation and drains toxins which as a result can brighten up your complexion and give you plumper, healthier and more radiant-looking skin.
How to give yourself a facial massage
If money and time are not an issue you can treat yourself to a professional facial massage at your local beauty salon or spa, but if you want to give yourself to a free DIY facial massage at home, this is how to do it:
- Scoop a teaspoon of your favorite moisturizer or face oil into the palm of your hand and rub your hands together to warm up the product.
- Put one hand on each cheek, making sure that the base of your hand is at your jaw line and the tips of your fingers are at your temples. The idea is to cover both sides of your face completely.
- Gently press your hands onto your face for a couple of seconds and let your skin absorb the product.
- Do the same for your forehead and chin: place one hand on your forehead, one hand on your chin and gently press down.
- Ball your hands into a fist and massage your cheeks, chin and forehead by gently letting your knuckles roll across your skin. Start at your chin and work your way outwards and upwards.
- Now gently knead your skin with the tips of your fingers. Again start at your chin and work your way outwards and upwards.
- Finally focus on your eye area and carefully massage it with your fingertips using gentle circular motions.
- Repeat step three and four and relax.
Good luck! And enjoy.
Melissa Van Roosbroeck is a style and fashion writer.
For more stories like this on Switzerland follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
revita eye says
Thanks to my father who told me on the topic of this website,
this website is in fact amazing.