One of the exhibitors at the Léman International Fair in Lausanne last weekend has reported that their gift to attendees is potentially dangerous to use. The company and the organisers have been very quick to respond to concerns and have asked anyone who received the free gift, not to use it and to discard immediately. The gift is a small [3.5cm x 4.75cm] black plastic electric charger marked “SURGEON”.
Message from exhibitor:
“Unfortunately due to a production issue, and a fault from our supplier, some of the chargers have shown issues so we suggest people not to use them just in case they have in hands one of the faulty items. We have already engaged a complaint against the production line and we’re truly sorry for any inconvenience it might have caused.”