Last week, Nyon’s Paleo music festival won the award for the best medium sized festival at 2016 European Festival Awards in Groningen in the Netherlands.
— Paléo Festival Nyon (@PaleoFestival) January 11, 2017
Competing festivals on the final shortlist in this category were:
- Best Kept Secret (Netherlands)
- Down The Rabbit Hole (Netherlands)
- Highfield (Germany)
- Ilosaarirock Festival (Finland)
- Main Square Festival (France)
- Melt! Festival (Germany)
- Off Festival (Poland)
- Paleo Festival Nyon (Switzerland)
- Pohoda Festival (Slovakia)
- Positivus Festival (Latvia)
A panel of 25 established festival promoters from around 10 European countries, along with a panel of 10 European industry experts, such as journalists and conference promoters, selected the final shortlist. The winner was selected based on panel and public votes. No one on the panels could vote for their own event.
On receiving the award, team spokesperson said: “Thank you very much, very much looking forward to exchange later tonight with all of you at the bar…”